1. Write a post. You will be too tired to write it during the day and people are really funny at 3am;
2. Walk on the treadmill. Running will be too noisy;
4. You can also put on a face mask and a deep conditioning treatment on your hair. I wouldn't recommend checking on your children while you are do this. If you awake them up, they will have nightmares for life;
6. Sort socks. I hate sorting washing but I do like sorting socks. It's like putting little, soft, soul mates together. This is also a good time to put on on your hand, call it 'Mr Socky' and have a fight with the dog.
7. Dust. This quiet job gets forgotten about. Get those cobwebs high up in the corners but watch out for spiders. Your screams will wake everyone up.8. Neaten up your bookmarks, desktop icons and sync everything. Make sure you keep saying ' I am syncing' over and over while doing this.
9. Play 'Words with friends' with all your overseas friends
10. Groom the dog. I have special little scissors for these moments.
What do you do when you happen to find yourself awake in the middle of the night?
On Tuesdays I link up with Jess from Diary of a SAHM for IBOT