- use a good moisturiser and a light foundation or BB cream. Your skin will probably be dehyrdated and you won't want to overload it with heavy products that will bring attention to it. This is my favourite BB at the moment, and we all know why ;)
- green tinged concealer around the nose to hide the redness. Check out the Napolean Perdis one. This is thick enough to hold up after a couple of wipes of a wet tissue
- stay away from red lipsticks, these will highlight any redness in your face or around your nose. I usually go for a lip balm with a little colour. My favourite is Lanolips with colour. If you have to go for a lippy, then try a light natural pinky/brown colour
- blush is a must. You need to put a little life back into your face and blush is the quickest way to do this. Only a little, or you'll look like an over made up corpse
- Eye drops. These will take away some of the redness before you add some...
- Waterproof mascara. Your eyes might be watery but you still need to open them up
- Focus on your good points. You can't go wrong with your eyebrows at this time. Fill them in, add some wax and brush them into place. Avoid plucking, you can't handle a lot of pain at the moment.
- Just a light, spritz of Perfume, to hide the smell of vicks vapour rub. I would even go as far as to put a bandage around your wrist and pretend the strong smell is dencor rub
- Wear a brightly colour scarf around your neck. This is for two great reasons: one, it'll protect your neck and chest and two, it'll distract from the mess that is your face
- Find some soft aloe vera tissues and keep a good stash on you. There is NEVER an excuse to sniff or snort
- Dry shampoo is your best friend. You don't want to get cold and wet hair at a time like this
- Brush your teeth, floss and gargle
- Hat and sunnies hide nearly everything
- Keep up the water, juice and panadol and...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
How to look good when you have a cold
The best thing you can do when you have a cold or flu is go to bed and rest but sometimes we have to pull it together when we really don't feel like it.