Thursday, June 21, 2012

TLC Fun Run

Do you want to drag your warm snuggly family outside, into the cold and get them moving? Me too!!

The Lakes College Fun Run in North Lakes is the perfect opportunity. It's held on the 19th August, is a fantastic run and is great for beginners. You can choose a distance of either 2km, 6km or 10km. I love the 10km but now my girls have hopped on fun run band wagon and I'll do the 2km with them. This is an excellent distance for their little legs or for beginners. The 2km run is around the lake and you are so distracted by the beauty you won't even notice you have been exercising. You will love the proud look on the children's faces when they have completed the run. 
Afterwards, they supply water and fruit for the runners or you can head out to a local cafe for breakfast to refuel your bodies. I'm thinking Watercrest Restaurant in Evergreen Centre. 

You can register at www.tlcfunrun.org.au and families will receive a discount.

8 comments:

  1. I forgot about this one. Looks like a great day for my boys and me. Ta, Alli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about this as well! I'll have to go in it this year - seeing as we live just down the road from the lake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I'll keep an eye out for you. Rachel x

      Delete
  3. This looks great! My big girl is doing the 2km at the Gold Coast next weekend. We are a family of runners {when my thyroid isn't causing havoc...}. Love it!

    Have a great run! Thanks for linking in with #teamfriday. Great to have you here again, I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when kids join in. We aren't really runners but we all enjoy running. I hope your daughter does well. Rx

      Delete
  4. Aha, a good reminder that I'd like to sign us up for a family fun run over the Harbour Bridge down here... and am meaning to do the City to Surf too... walking!

    ReplyDelete