Now, I am not the rule girl on all manners and I would love to have your input. Here are my ten 10 gym annoyances:
- Forgetting your towel. You are there to work up a sweat, it's great that you do but you need to wipe down the equipment. Even the handles
- Loud grunting when doing your reps. I haven't worked out if this is on purpose or not. I have been known to do a few heavy sets and I do not groan - EVER. You will be lucky to catch me grimacing
- Treadmills are like toilet cubicles. If you can, give people some space
- Spin/RPM classes. Put some resistance on your peddles else you'll be bouncing around like a handball. Bouncing bums are really distracting. Put on a little resistance and you'll stop the bouncing. Plus all that bouncing must hurt your lady bits
- Remove and/or replace weights to their correct home when you have finished with them
- In classes, moving AND STAYING in other peoples personal space. Classes can get crowded but we do need more than a postage stamped size area to whip out a roundhouse kick or some awesome Jam moves
- If you aren't Rhianna then don't singing really, really loudly to the class sound tracks. We can hear you
- Don't hog equipment if you aren't using it. Don't stand there chatting or just leave your towel hanging on it for 10 minutes
- Personal trainers you pay by the minute that spend your valuable time talking, peeing or eating. (In case my PT is reading this - I'm not talking about you)
- BO. This is really unpleasant. Gym, exercise, sweating, I know it can sometimes be hard to control the smell. But start clean and wear antiperspirant.
Or you can just avoid the gym and use my tips on how to look fit when you are not.