If you don't already know the story, a male stripper called 'Magic Mike' (Channing Tatum) introduces a younger male, newly renamed 'The Kid' (Alex Pettyfer), to the world of stripping. That world is also inhabited by people called Dallas (Matthew McConoughey), Tarzan and Big D***k Ritchie.
There is also the requisite love interest.
The good bits
- The bodies are good and they can move. Channing Tatum is a skilful dancer
- I always enjoy Matthew McConaughey (I just never expected to see him bending over in front of a camera while wearing a tasseled g-string
- I always enjoy looking at Joe Manganiello. He will alway be Alcide to me (that's a True Blood reference)
- I found Tarzan surprising sexy. He was hiding in the back a lot and he couldn't dance at all
The bad bits
- There is a lot of swearing. I found it really unnecessary and distracting. Take out 90% of it and it would have been better. I must be a real prude
- There was a lot of floor humping. Am I the only person that doesn't find that sexy?
Over all, I enjoyed the movie and I know many, many other women will appreciate it too.
My Mother-in-law thought it was soft porn but managed to sit through it all.
Roadshow Entertainment have given me 5 copies of Magic Mike to give away! If you would like to own this movie, all you have to do is:
- Leave a comment either here or on facebook telling me why you would like to win a copy of this DVD.
- Enter prior to 6am on 27 November 2012.
Magic Mike is available to rent & own on DVD, Blu-ray and digital download from 26 November 2012
I have not received payment to review or host a giveaway. All opinions are my own.
On Tuesdays I link up with IBOT at Essentially Jess