Bright eyed and frizzy haired, I reach for my MacBook, check overnight emails, reply, check twitter interactions and respond.
My scheduled post should be live. I'll reduce URL of the post in bitly and share on twitter. Then open Buffer and schedule basic tweets for the day. Then share new post on Facebook.
If you participate in any linkys, link up now. It's best to get in early.
6.30am - 9am
Breakfast, children wrangling and school run
9.30am - 10am
Visit my favourite blogs, read and comment
Visit link ups, visit and comment
The following activities must get worked into whatever else I have on for the day. They always get done but not in any particular order or time:
- Write new posts;
- Write any other pieces I have agreed to;
- Spend time learning something new: Currently it's Photoshop CS6. I think I'll be stuck on this for a while;
- Read bloggy blogs. These are ones that provide information to help improve my blogging;
- Respond to any comments I have received on my posts;
- Review products or movies;
- Continue to check in on Twitter and Facebook. Buffer doesn't make up for your real presence;
- Respond to emails. Delete spam;
- Work on 'the bigger picture'. Whatever that may be. Improving media kits, emailing PR, talking to advertisers etc; and
- Schedule a post to go live at 5.30am the next day. In a perfect world, my posts would be schedule much further in advance. Maybe that can be my new years resolution.