- Put on deodorant. When you are nervous, you sweat more. Body odour will make social situations worse
- Wear comfortable undies. I can not stress this enough. Nothing is more distracting than undies bunching up between your butt cheeks
- Do a last minute check in the mirror. Check teeth, check the bottom of your shoes (looking for price stickers, toilet paper and dog poo) and check your skirt isn't tucked up. Any of these can have a lifetime affect on your confidence. I know, my school formal outfit included rottweiler poo
- Pop a mint or two and add a few back ups mints hidden strategically on your ensemble. I have been know to hide them in the top of my bra but be aware of the high beaming effect
- Look people in the eyes and listen but don't stare. People love to talk about themselves to someone that seems interested. If you find eye contact too hard then pick a spot on their face to focus on. It's best that it's not a mole, pimple or scar. It'll make them self conscious and want to get away from you
- Have a buddy but don't stick too close to each other. People will stop seeing you as an individual but as an odd twosome instead. Strive for individual oddness
- Don't drink too much. This is tempting and could make you the life of the party. You may be surprised to learn, but this strategy can sometimes backfire
- Smile. People can't resist happy people.
Are you nervous in social situations? What's your best tip?