- A slick do. You can start with a blow dry, straightened and brushed into place, perfect pony tail or you can just load it with leave-in conditioner and pull it into place. Both will result in exactly the same do but have a difference of 30 minutes. If you are feeling clever, throw in a braid, this will take it up a notch;
- Simple make up. Stick with waterproof mascara and a bright lipstick. These will not be washed off or run down your face when the rain gusts up under your brolly;
- Dark clothes. These will hide the wet splotches better and won't go see through when wet;
- Go boots, gumboots or thongs. You might question my thongs, but I'm a Queenslander and they are awesome for wet days;
- Pick fun, bright and waterproof accessories. Fun umbrellas, patterned gum boots and bright waterproof handbags;
- Sunglasses. Yes, these are still okay on wet days. They keep the rain from getting into your eyes, hide the lack of makeup and make you look awesome; and
- Don't be precious. Nothing looks more uncool than being scared of a little water.
What are your wet weather secrets?
PS: I wrote about Rainy day etiquette here too, some very helpful tips for those clumsy umbrellas.
On Tuesdays I link up with Essentially Jess