I do love sportswear, running shoes and all the paraphernalia that goes along with them. Here are a few reasons I love running shoes:
- They come in really cool colours. I am like a magpie and love bright things. The brighter the running shoe the more desperately I obsess on them. 'Get in my cupboard' (said in the voice of Fat Bastard from Austin Powers);
- When they are new, they feel like you are running on springy-sponges. You feel like a superhero;
- You feel fitter as soon as you put them on. (Also check out this and this for other faux fit tips);
- When your kids start running away, you are more likely to catch them than if you were wearing heels;
- When you run away, your children can't catch up;
- They re-motivate you. As soon as you get a new pair, you want to hit the pavement straight away;
- They make you walk like you are stronger. Just like P!nk or Jennifer Garner when she was Sydney Bristow in Alias;
- You can use them without any other equipment (except clothes and a sports bra)
- They don't make your feet hurt if you wear them too long.
- They are lighter than any other type of workout shoe. Some of them are like wrapping your feet in a cloud.
Vibram - toe shoes. I reviewed these after a run.