Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mmmm, roast vegetables

I love roast vegetables and cook them as an easy side dish a few times a week. So easy and so very yummo.
Peel, chop and start roasting the harder vegetables. I have sweet potato and potato with a little butter, a drizzle of olive oil, salt n' pepper. I looove roasted turnips at the moment too. You can also throw in pumpkin, carrots, corn - anything......
When they are half cooked, I throw in some onion and garlic cloves...
a squeeze of lemon juice and sometimes a little honey...
Garnished with toasted pine nuts, fresh herbs and crumbed fetta. I usually serve with a salad and a steak.
Do you have any easy sides? Please share, I need start throwing in a few extra recipes.


PS: I am joining up with Wordless Wednesday at My Little Drummer Boys.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It would have been a better tease if I posted it around dinner time. :) R x

      Delete
  2. Yummm I love roasted veg, why have I not been cooking them more!!! thanks for reminding me how truly good they are ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, I did honey roasted carrots as a side last night. I have also just started doing a sort of "smashed" cauliflower mixed with a little parmesan, butter and pepper. Love the roast veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love honey carrots, I will have to try roasting them. That smashed cauliflower sounds awesome. Mmmm Rx

      Delete
  4. oh yes..one of our favorites....looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, I love roast veggies and would happily eat them everyday. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh struth! That looks amazing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was pretty yummo. Thanks for commenting. Rachel x

      Delete
  6. You'll love my roast vegetable salad recipe then! Roast pumpkin, onion, capsicum & zucchini slices. Then add to a bowl of green salad leaves and toasted pine nuts. You can't get much yummier and easier than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM!!! I love toasted Pine nuts too and throw them in nearly every salad. Rx

      Delete
  7. Great recipe. I love the photos too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara. Thanks for reading and commenting. Rachel x

      Delete
  8. I love the crumbled fetta on top... one of my favorites ! Beautiful pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crumbled fetta, I throw it on most things as an afterthought. :) Rachel x

      Delete
  9. Yum!!! I'm coming to your place for dinner!

    ReplyDelete