Friday, May 3, 2013

7 Bargain Makeup Products to create a day face for under $100

I'm always on the look out for nice, well priced makeup. I don't mind spending a little more to get what I want, but if I can find something good and cheap I am a happy, happy girl.

Here are 7 makeup products that are cheap as chips, can be bought when grocery shopping or in a department store and will enable you to create a natural, simple day time look for under $100:
  1. Face of Australia Pressed Powder $11.50. This is a great light powder to gently dust over your BB.
  2. Australis Creme colour for Cheeks & Lips in Dusty Rose $9.95. I love a product that can do more than one thing
  3. Maybelline Line Express in Ebony Black $8.50. This goes on smoothly, has an intense black colour, and the all important smudger on the end. 
  4. Maybelline The Turbo Volum Express mascara in Very Black $17.75. This is my favourite mascara. So cheap and makes the most of the lashes you have.
  5. Maybelline Mastershape eyebrow pencil $11.50. I need to fill my eyebrows to look done. I like this one because it has a natural wax formula and a built in spiral brush.
  6. Covergirl Intense shadow blast in beige blaze $14.95. This is another product that does has a few jobs. It's an eyelid primer and a fantastic base eyeshadow colour. This baby won't move.
  7. Loreal Nude Magique $21.95. I love this because it's not greasy or heavy feeling, has SPF12 and it's fun to put on. It transforms from white to match your face.
Now I'll demonstrate how I use these 7 products to create a 5 minutes easy-peasy day look. I like black eyeliner, but you can use a soft brown to create a softer look, or add a brighter lip to perk it up a bit.
I'd love to know your favourite bargain products.

Have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for a good volumising mascara...the Maybelline sounds good!

    PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, I hope you like it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU! I rarely wear make-up (don't kill me) so hate spending lots. These are all on the list next time I'm at Kmart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely respect people not wearing makeup but I hope you enjoy playing with these ones x

      Delete
  3. Kim from Kimbalikes put me on to BB cream last week! I am loving it for a quick, simple day-look! I do need a new eyeliner and some lip gloss tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eyebrow thingy looks like just the thing! Will have to keep an eye out for it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This vlog is aimed at me (makeup clueless) - I just learned so much! Great stuff, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favourite bargain product is Garniers oil free BB cream. I rave about it to friends, and have gotten them all onto it. Wear it in the day, and wear it as a base for foundation when I'm going out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to meet you via your vlog Rachel! You are as lovely as I imagined! :-) I'm using Garniers oil free BB cream during the day. It's a bit light so I use a heavier foundation for evenings or special occasions. I also love the eyeliner pencils with the smudger at the other end. I've never used an eyebrow pencil. I might give this a try! Love the look of that rouge/lipstick. I'm also due for a new mascara! I will check out the ones you have used. Great vlog - thankyou! :-)

    ReplyDelete