- Comfort. If it's not comfortable, I won't wear it. I hate the feeling of claustrophobia when you put on something tight or fitted or itchy or with fabric that doesn't breathe. The more it feels like I'm wearing PJ's the higher it ranks on my 'Get in my Wardrobe' list
- It must be easy to put on. It doesn't matter how amazing it makes me look if I pull a muscle pulling up an awkward placed zipper. I'm going to wait until I'm in a nursing home before I ask for help to dress (or undress).
- It doesn't need dry cleaning. This is for two really good reasons. I am cheap and lazy. I don't have time to drop off and pick up clothes (I barely have time to pick them off the floor) and if I have the dollars to spend on dry cleaning, I'd rather buy a nice bottle of wine and split it with someone awesome.
- It doesn't require ironing. I try hard to avoid ironing. I did iron a dress yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised how uncreased and groomed I looked. I am sure people that know me did double takes. They probably assumed it was my evil, well groomed twin sister;
- It must work well with my existing wardrobe; and
- It must be a bargain.
Yesterday, I had a meeting in Hamilton and came across the Marg K Boutique closing down sale. Pretty much everything in this shop ticked all my boxes. I was very, very good and only purchased one dress. This Desigual dress was only $80 down from $145. I teamed it with old brown Progetto boots and a necklace from my aunt. I love brown with red, it's softer than teaming it with black.
What puts an item on your "Get in my wardrobe" list?