Sunday, May 12, 2013

When every thing goes right

I had one of those days today.

To be honest, I love my girls and my husband but I feel strange celebrating something I just do. I am lucky that my family feels differently and they went all out to make me feel special. I had a great day hanging out with my three favourite people in the entire world.

I woke up and stumbled downstairs to three happy faces and a pile of handmade cards and crafts and a bigger pile of prettily, wrapped presents. I ripped those babies open, oohed and aahed, threw back a cup of coffee and got ready for boot camp.

We dragged my mother along too and she loved it. I think I enjoyed kicking and punching the boxing pad a little too much while she was holding it.
 Followed up with a mountain of fruit crepes for breakfast to refuel.
Into Fortitude Valley for Rock climbing. We have done this a few times but we love it more every time we go. We are like a family of monkeys, squawking, squealing and clapping with excited at every climb.
After a few hours we worked up quite an appetite and hit The Vietnamese for vietnamese. It was so good, big and delicious. I was too faint from hunger to take any photos.

On the spur of the moment we decided to stop by DFO. Once I discovered the Mimco store it was difficult to leave. I bought two amazing bargains. This white bag was reduced from $379 to $49!! And the purse was only $69. I'm a happy, happy girl.
Home to champagne. Mmmm.

I hope you had a nice Sunday too.


Another Mother's day highlight was featured in the paper, showing off my little monkeys. They were so thrilled to be in the paper.

7 comments:

  1. What a great day for you all, I love the way you live such positivity and an active life, and your kids see and live this too!

    Hope you had a splendid day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you in the Paper!!! Well done!! I am the same - feel weird celebrating mothers day when its something I do every day!! :) But since it was my son's 2nd birthday the focus was on him :)

    xx Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a super day! You sure can fit a lot in!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fit and healthy family you have... and your mum, WOW! I can't believe what an active day you had and I love that pic of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I'm happy to do my Mummy job, I always enjoy a little acknowledgement every now and then. I'm glad you got spoilt too! Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a perfect Mother's Day, Rachel! Love the bag and wallet - what a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an excellent bargain! Love it!

    The Welshman always complains that Father's Day is all about the dad not getting a moment to himself, whereas Mother's Day is all about the mama getting time out and me time.

    So our Mother's and Father's Days are all about family. To be honest, there's not much difference to a normal weekend. Just some presents, a child trying particularly hard to be well behaved and smooshy (he's awesome most of the time anyway) and a few extra culinary delights!

    Bootcamp on Mother's Day is a step too far for me though! xxx

    ReplyDelete