- Pointing with your utensils. Don't point your knife at me unless you intend to stab me with it;
- Eating with your mouth open or talking with your mouth full. I don't want to see your masticated food and you look like a cow;
- Starting to eat before everyone has their food and is seated. It's not hard to wait. If you are literally going to die from hunger, you can always ask if you can start. It is worse manners to die at the table than to start eating;
- Holding the utensils like a caveman (or woman) or leaning your elbows on the table while you are eating;
- Pouring your own drink. Ask around, we all want to get drunk too.
- Getting too drunk. It's from not sharing.
- Leaving the table before everyone has finished. If you have to, then at least excuse yourself;
- Not thanking the host. Even if you really didn't like the food (don't tell them), you have to appreciate the effort they put in;
I had better stop now. I can see I am on roll and soon no-one will ever want to dine with me again.