Sunday, April 8, 2012

The B.B. Bandwagon

Everyone is talking about BB creams. So, of course, I have to jump on the band wagon and check them out.

I have chosen three to play with, Missha M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream in No. 23, Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector in Medium and Olay Complete Care Touch of Foundation Even Complexion in medium. These names are all ridiculously long so I am going to call them Missha, Garnier and Olay.

Here I am all clean and fresh as a wilted daisy.
Missha costs about $15 (guessing here) and I bought in on ebay. This is very, very thick and a little clay like. It smells strongly of sunscreen but it does cover those imperfections. I wanted to rip my face off after 30 minutes, so this is not a great one for me.
I bought the Garnier on sale at Woolies for about $10. This is very sheer and shiny. I feel like I look a little dirty when I first put it on, then I stopped noticing. This would be the sheerest of the three.
I picked up the Olay when I was grocery shopping yesterday. It had 30% off which made it about $10. When I put it on, it was like coming home. I think I may have even groaned as I applied it. I really like the feel of it on my skin and it has a matter finish than the others.
Today is Easter Sunday and we are heading off to Imbil for a picnic with my In-laws. The winner of the BB/tinted moisturisers for this outing was..............................


The Olay by a landslide. This will be my go to for casual day wear. It only has 15 SPF but looks, feels and smells the best.

7 comments:

  1. What does BB stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Our Services, BB stands for Blemish balm or beauty balm. They were big in Asia before coming here. But I think ours are more like tinted moisturisers but are nicer on the skin that the old ones. I hope this helps. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info Rachel, I have heard a bit about them but been left a little confused, I love OLAY products so I will look out for this one!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karla, I was confused too. People kept throwing about the letter 'BB' and I had no idea what they were talking about. The Olay one is awesome. Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. I keep meaning to pick them up when I am shopping. I am definitely going to try the Olay and Garnier. Did you get the Olay at Bluewater? Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Steph, I did get it at Bluewater. Hopefully it's still 30% off. Let me know what you think of it. R x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit I didn't know what BB cream was either, though I've read about it in the blogging world.

    Bizarrely I get 'sweaty' once I put something on my face so only wear moisturiser when I go to bed. I can't wear any (or sunscreen or makeup) on my face during the day or I immediately sweat it off.

    (Also bizarre is that only my head sweats unless I'm exercising or something!)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete