Monday, December 12, 2011

The Painful truth of Beauty

I love skin care products.  I love it when my skin feels clean, smooth and soft.  I can't walk out of the house without moisturiser, sun screen and eye cream lathered on.  I love the smell and feel of all the gorgeous products.  I could spend hours trying testers until I decide on my new miracle product.  Then I'll happy skip home to immediately try it out.

What I love most of all is when they hurt.  I know we are not meant to and I know we should treat our skin gently, but I can't help it.  I love it when an exfoliator is sandy and scratchy and it feels like it's scratching off the outer two layers of my epidermis.  I love it when a peel feels like they put the wrong acid in it and it's burning away my pigment.   Give me a mask that sets so hard, tight and itchy that I want to scream.  Then I feel like it's really working and I got my money's worth.

I would smile but I can't.  This is a mask by Danne, a mixture of Foamy lift and Exoderma Peel.  This does set like concrete.  If someone was about to attack me, or call me a nasty name, my expression would remain exactly the same.

A Sothys Mask called Renewal System.  This one is gritty and burns.  Awesome,  I almost couldn't wait the suggested time frame but then when I washed it off I wanted to do it again.  I didn't though.

Am I only one that feels this way?  Probably.

6 comments:

  1. I think I need to do a face mask and have a bubble bath tonight. Nothing more relaxing (accompanied with a glass of wine after of course, hehe)

    And I do that too - wash it off and then want to do another. I do the same thing with those pore strips you put over your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true Melinda, bubble bath, mask and wine are the perfect combinations. I forgot all about the Pore strips. Now I have to hunt some down. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want beauty, pain and pore strips all included? I REALLY recommend the Daiso black charcoal masks that you get off ebay. They hurt but when you look at it sideways and see all the gunk you have pulled (wrenched) out of your skin, it's really satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gladys that sounds fantastically gross. I just went onto ebay and ordered some. Now I have to wait patiently. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure you take a photo. It is the coolest black plastic effect. I originally bought it cause I love all things black, but quickly got hooked on how good these things are and for a few dollars, what's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't waste an opportunity to post an embarrassing and unflattering photo like that, together with a review of the disgusting black gunk. You'll get full credit Gladys.

    ReplyDelete